Friday, June 4, 2010

Long Overdue


This adorable bonnet pattern is from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Havorson and can feasibly be made within 2 hours... or so the book says. I started this project when Rachel was still in her first trimester... and well, she's due to give birth is a just a few weeks!

I normally wouldn't spend so long on a project but I was stumped when I got to the last step: Attaching the I-cord to the Hat. Feeling frustrated I tucked the project away for a few months and went onto other things. Rachel's shower this past weekend inspired me to get over my feelings of defeat and tackle the last step. With some devoted time and attention, I figured it out! I'm overly aware of all the errors, but I'm happy with the end result. I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to make this hat in 2 hours, but I'm positive the next go-round will be much swifter.

2 comments:

  1. Well, we certainly didn't notice any errors - in our eyes it's PERFECT!! I know the last step was the most troublesome but it's also my favorite part. I just LOVE the edging - it gives it that extra adorable something. Thank you for all you've made - I love each and every piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like I can't figure out any errors in that hat! Love it! And just like Rachel said, thank you SO much for this and and EVERYTHING else you've done for us and bébé Janus.

    ReplyDelete