Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Field Trip: Fishs Eddy Vintage Collection

One of my favorite things about working at Fishs Eddy is having the opportunity to visit the vintage collection which is housed at the store's distribution center in Jersey City -- and most likely one day, the Smithsonian.

Each time I go out there I discover that everything's been rearranged and the collection has grown up and out. The soot-covered pieces are beautiful individually, while the rambling stacks and piles tell a story of shut-down china factories, hotels, restaurants... and the passion to preserve every last piece.









3 comments:

  1. It's like a museum! I am sure so many people would love to see this vintage ware collection.I know the store has a small section dedicated to this but nothing like having so many pieces all together on display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I wouldn't know where to start! It's like my version of Disney Land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post. what is the map with the pinned points?

    ReplyDelete