Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Garden

This is the first year I committed to planting a winter garden. It took some effort at first to get excited about evergreens, but when I came across the charming miniature varieties I got a boost to follow through with my plan. It's still somewhat bare compared to our garden this past summer and could use something draping down, like ivy... but once the harsh days of February arrive I know we'll be thankful to see these little tufts of greenery against the snowcapped rooftops.

4 comments:

  1. Your "winter garden" gives you that little bit of softness and separation against the hard lines of the city. It's perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. post a picture of it all lit up with the amazing lights you put out there! I'm missing home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the plants and planters? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks becca! I got the windowboxes at Crate & Barrel, the others are from IKEA and anthropologie, and all the plants are from the Union Sq greenmarket.

    ReplyDelete