Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Working Out

It's taken some time since the move to set up a new work space-- but alas, it's done. I no longer have an alcove to call my own, but I've transformed the corner of our bedroom into an area to sew/ make prints/ draw/ wrap gifts/ get inspired...

I was able to use the same desk by removing the legs and propping the top on two 6-drawer units from IKEA- instantly doubling the storage space while keeping everything very compact. Putting the shelf up unified the space as a separate work area and gave me some more room for display, as did the over-sized bulletin board.  In between projects everything is tucked away and out of site so I can approach my work area like a blank canvas-- vacant, full of potential, and up for anything when I feel the urge to create.


The serigraph of the nude was printed by my mom in college, circa 1972. I just love it.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're able to keep this desk so neat everyday! So much stuff piles up on ours day after day! It looks like a very nice spot to work on for all your projects to come. Happy working space to you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, but then, I knew you could keep it to an interesting minimum! you are sooooooo organized. I also love your mom's print, and recently came across Pat's copy. Will frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a knack for creating the most out of small spaces.But no matter how compact there's no limit to your creativity. Glad you appreciate my nude print and that it shares your work area.

    ReplyDelete