Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Face



Last July 4th I drew my nephew Théo for the first time, just a few hours after he was born. He's almost a year old now and has changed so much since his initial portrait. He has four teeth coming in, blows kisses, and has already taken his first steps by himself.

For Théo's 1st birthday I made a cut-paper portrait out of Color-aid and framed it for his bedroom. I would love to create an annual portrait to commemorate each birthday, varying the mediums from year to year. It'll be quite the collection by the time he's 20!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a special gift that I'm sure he will always treasure from his very talented Tata Sara. An annual portrait...what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, and I actually see a resemblance to Jo in the profile! From the front, his other grandmother!

    ReplyDelete